My Mom made my son a giraffe stuffed animal and he loved it! He actually carried it around and played with it so much that I sent him to Mom’s house for repairs.
She just sent me a picture of a penguin that she made out of scrap material and I love it! The colors are perfect and it’s just so adorable! These are great gifts for little ones and easy travel companions.
You can find this penguin pattern at http://www.purlbee.com/purl-bee-penguin/
- Draw a pattern with a washable fabric marker of the animal on the back of the fabric.
- Cut out figures on the outer drawn line.
- Decorate the front and back sides as you want.
- Pin the two patterns together right sides facing each other.
- Remove pins and turn the animal inside out so the right sides are now facing you.
- Fill the animal with stuffing until it is as firm as you want.
- Push the extra fabric of the hole inside the stuffed animal and sew the gap shut.
- Add other details such as ears, tails or clothing such as a scarf or vest as wanted.
There are a lot of different patterns and tutorials at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags;sa=showtopics;tag=stuffed_animal